Your Bestselling Book Proposal: A Weekly Group Coaching Experience
"A beautifully written, professionally crafted proposal on a fresh, appealing subject by a credentialed, well-known expert will find a publisher." —Jody Rein & Michael Larsen
Landing an agent, signing a book deal—it’s every writer’s dream.
And yet, publishing is a finicky business. Most writers, even experienced ones, struggle to find their footing and secure a contract.
Agents and editors are inundated with proposals every day that are really, well… sad. These proposals sit in the “slush pile” until a hapless intern gets to send a stock rejection letter.
Stand out from the slush.
Your Bestselling Book Proposal is a three-month learning experience that immerses you in a supportive community of peers and experts who will help you hone your big idea, craft a compelling proposal, outline your book, and pitch successfully.
Let’s make sure your proposal catches attention and makes agents and editors just as excited about your book idea as you are.
An Uncommonly Awesome Writing Group
Your Bestselling Book Proposal is a writing experience unlike any you’ve had before. Over the next three months, we’ll work weekly with you to help you:
- Find your big idea, so that you can catch agents’ and editors’ attention
- Identify your platform and your unique selling points
- Map out a clear plan for your book so that it’s clear you know what you’re doing
- Receive regular feedback from professionals who have successfully sold dozens of books
- Stay on track and finish your proposal in record time!
The goal of the program is for you to finish with a completed book proposal, ready for submission to a publisher. We’re committed to supporting you every step of the way, connecting you to relevant resources as needed. We won’t leave you hanging.
Meet Your Expert Coaches
Jeff Goins has written more than a dozen books including the national bestsellers Real Artists Don’t Starve and The Art of Work. He is the founder of Fresh Complaint, a boutique book production agency that works with thought leaders all over the world.
Ariel Curry is a book coach, editor, and ghostwriter with over a decade of experience in publishing. She spent seven of those years as an acquisitions editor and now works with publishers, agencies, and authors to help writers refine their ideas and finish their books.
What You Get in the Group
Let’s cut to the chase. What do you actually get?
- The proposal template we use every day to get authors signed.
- Plus examples of real proposals that have sold for six figures.
- Bonus guide to querying agents
- Weekly live meetings with expert training from a bestselling author and former acquisitions editor.
- Online lessons available at any time. Can’t make a live meeting? No worries; you can watch it online.
- Feedback from one of your expert coaches.
- Individual book plan review session
- One additional one-hour, one-on-one “lifeline” session to help get you unstuck
- And, because we love you, a whole lot more!
Maybe these will help… For anything else, feel free to email us.
When does it start?
We’ll be meeting Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. ET on Zoom from February 1 through April 19, 2023.
Who is it for?
This program is for anyone who wants to traditionally publish a book. We mostly work with authors of nonfiction, but authors of all genres are welcome to join.
What does it cost?
$5,000 if paid in full upfront, or $1,850/month for three months if choosing a monthly payment plan.
What People Are Saying
“I just want to thank you both so very very much for giving me the incentive to make this class work for me. It made a huge difference for me at this time and I'm so so grateful to be a part of this class. It is amazing and you two are fantastic. Thank you so much!!! Grateful, Grateful, Grateful.” —Loren Chadima
“I love the mini lessons and the pacing of the sessions. Ariel, you are a dynamic, caring, and thoughtful coach and facilitator. I am thankful to learn more about the artistry and craft of writing and to have the benefit of your expertise. Thank you.” —Timothy Cusack
“You’ve created a really wonderful experience in this cohort and I’m so glad that I’ve had this opportunity. Keep up the great work!” —Shari Kaplan